WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Sail through the Mekong Delta one of the longest rivers in the world
- Taste fresh coconut milk and honey at the villages' small farms
- Enjoy a traditional Vietnamese lunch on the beautiful Turtle Island
- Visit the Vinh Trang Pagoda, one of the most beautiful and ancient pagodas
8:15AM Departing from your hotel for My Tho city by air-conditioned bus. In My Tho, boarding the motorboat at a pier and cruising on the Mekong River. Here, overlooking floating houses where fishes are farmed beneath the house (viewing from the motorboat).
Continuing the journey on the river until reaching Cồn Thới Sơn (Unicorn Island), from here taking a horse cart to reach a performance site where Vietnamese traditional music (Đàn Ca Tài Tử - A folk art form from Southern Vietnam accredited by UNESCO in 2013 as Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity) can be heard and seasonal tropical fruit can be tasted (included).
Afterward, being on a small hand-rowing boat (the main mean of transportation in My Tho & Ben Tre) and slowly cruising through a small creek with beautiful overhanging coconut trees. Lives from both sides of the creek can be observed.
Before heading to lunch, passing through bee-keeping farm and enjoying honey tea, atypical Mekong house can be viewed here. Then, it is lunch time after a short walk.
After lunch, boarding the motorboat and heading to learn coconut candies making process from a workshop. Sample of candies can be tasted.
03:00PM Returning back to bus and going back to Ho Chi Minh City.
Departure: 08:15AM - End: 05:00PM (ETA)
Lunch menu (6 people per table)
- Deep-fried crispy Tai Tuong fish
- Deep-fried spring rolls
- Sweet sour vegetable soup
- Stir-fried water spinach with garlic
- Caramelized pork and fish in clay pot
- English-speaking guide
- Traditional lunch and mineral water
- All entrance frees
- Full-day transportation in boat and car
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED
- Personal expenses
- Pick-up/drop off at hotel located outside HCM Center (available at an additional cost).